Version 2.0 (November 30, 2021)
- VRGK now uses Forward Shading by Default, together with new and optimized Project Settings.
- Phyics Pawn has been completely revamped. Improved nearly every part of it and made physics a lot more stable.
- Added a Full Body IK Avatar based on the default UE Mannequin Skeleton.
- Added new Museum Demo Map to showcases all of the VRGK Features better.
- Added Physics Pawn V1C, that can only climb with hands on object that have a "climb" tag.
- Added Valve Index Support.
- Added new Spectator System and Mouse and Keyboard Controlled Manual Spectator Camera
- Example Content: Added new Physical Inputs. (Buttons, Levers, Joysticks, Knobs, Sliders)
- Example Content: Added Bow and Arrow.
- Example Content: Added Complex Gun.
- Example Content: Added Stabbing Tools.
- Example Content: Added Destructible Actors.
- Example Content: Added Ladders, Lockers, Drawers.
- Example Content: Added Time Gun and Physics Switcher.
- Example Content: Added new Elevator.
- Example Content: Added Hover Vehicle.
- Example Content: Added Stairs.
- Example Content: Added Slides.
- Game Pawns: Added Smooth Turn.
- Game Pawns: Added option to select Movement Source. (HMD, Left Controller, Right Controller)
- Game Pawns: Added Seated Play Mode.
- Audio: Added Wind Moving sounds for high velocity on Pawn.
- Added World Scaling Option to Menu.
- Physics Pawn: Added Minimum and Maximum Height
- Physics Pawn: Added a new smoother Jumping method
- Physics Pawn: Reworked crouching mechanic.
- Physics Pawn: Improved literally all of the Physics.
- Physics Pawn: Improved Climbing Stability.
- Game Pawn: Removed Hand Constraint values, uses Child Actors of Hands instead now.
- VR Pawns: Using the VRNotification Component now instead of manual checks if the HMD is worn.
- VR Hands: A "Prepare Hands" functionality has been added to construction scripts, to automatically generate the flipped components for the Left Hand.
- VR Hands: Improved Finger Poser and added Caching.
- VR Hands: Added Pose Snapshoter for use with Full Body Avatar Hands.
- Hand Interaction: Added OnGrab and OnRelease.
- Hand Interaction: Hand Attacher Transforms are now cached.
- Hand Interaction: Option to unlock rotation has been added. (Useful for 2-Handed Objects)
- Hand Grab Collision Updater: It now also keeps track of the current collision status, which is useful to reduce unwanted movement on the physics pawn.
- Inventory: Separated Inventory Slots from Pawns into their own Actors.
- Lots of other smaller changes that are probably not included in this list.
- FIX: "Super Jumps" / "Physics Explosions" due to unstable FPS have been reduced/removed.
- FIX: Slippery Surfaces are now possible with the Physics Pawn. (Not really a fix, just not me understanding back then that Physical Materials only work with Simple and not Complex Collision.)
- FIX: Noclipping the physics pawn through the menu is not possible anymore.